I’m Richard Mochor. My passion is for total customer experience design. Designing websites, customer journeys, business strategies and processes to fulfill function and aesthetics, listening to the customer voice and using it to drive fact-based design and content decisions that meet business goals and objectives.
I am a East Midlands based multichannel marketer and web designer specialising in website design, content and development, usability, user experience, accessibility, business analytics and user research consulting and testing, delivering a seamless customer experience across websites, mobile, stores and other channels.
I have held roles as a web developer, web design manager and as a Customer Experience Manager, managing and working with a team of content managers and designers on improving many online channels successfully.
I have a strong belief in designing around the customer experience and that it will help you achieve better results in your business.
These are the key strategic objectives that can and will contribute to delivering a superior customer experience;
- Actively engage your customers at every point of their interaction with your channels – give it a personal touch.
- Create moments of opportunity by allowing your customers to voice their ideas, opinions, advocacy and complaints – telling you how they feel.
- Make all of your communications convenient and relevant throughout the entire customer journey.
- Across each channel the customer must see the exact same underlying message about your brand and its values.
- Empower all your employees and allow them to understand and associate with the customer – a good customer experience starts and ends with each of you.
- Measure customer interactions and experiences. Use the customer voice to gain these actionable insights, proving and showing that customers are important to your brand.
- Be transparent with the customer at all time about the information you are gathering and how you can use it to their ultimate benefit.
- If you have a physical high-street presence use your website to add value or innovate with technology to provide a richer customer experience in-store.
I would not pretend to say that each of these objectives is either easy or has even been achieved (as yet) but my belief is that this is certainly what we should aspire to do in order to as a digital marketer to deliver a superior customer experience.
I am currently Head of Web Content, Design and Development at Cambria plc who are one of the UK’s fastest growing car retail groups with a turnover close to £400m. I remotely manage a team of Digital Specialists within the group who look to take digital marketing into their dealerships as the car market evolves online and grows at an accelerating rate.
Previous to this role I held the role of Customer Experience Manager, Web Design Manager and Web Developer at Jessopsmanaging the content and design teams within the business.
I have years of sound hands-on experience in web design and development, eCommerce, user testing, multi-variate testing, user centred design, user and customer engagement, SEO, social commerce, content management and multichannel retail strategy.
At Jessops, my team helped to contribute to the (now continued) success and development of the award winningJessops web and mobile channels – the channels acquired by Peter Jones in the spring of 2013 which remain un-changed as of February 2015. We had seen triple digit online growth over the last 24 months with my content and design teams leading multichannel objectives for the benefit of the wider business through developing the web site.
I count myself fortunate to have worked in conjunction with market leading agencies and organisations around user testing, user centred design and multi-variate testing (MVT). Project managing these relationships has allowed me to realise the importance of a business putting the customer at the centre of everything that you do in relation to your success.
MVT as a strategy for continuous site optimisation, whilst a new concept and sometimes a difficult sell into a business, is key to driving multi-channel and online pure play commerce forward through harnessing the customer voice and sentiment to make informed, fact based decisions which can drive immediate revenue benefits.
At Cambria I manage and project lead third party resources where necessary to improve key business KPI’s measuring ROI, conversion and customer loyalty.
Ecommerce, Retail, Multi-channel Marketing, User Experience and Usability (UX and UCD), Search Engine Optimisation (SEO), User Testing, Accessibility, Web and Multichannel Strategy, Mobile Commerce, Analytics, Multi-Variate Testing (MVT), Content Management, Web Design and Development.